Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm a Tourist in my own town

I'm such a tourist.
Friday we got our things together and decided to meet Walt in New York at my mom's house in the Bronx. If you didn't know Walt is been in a training in Delaware since the 28th of September, and he's been coming home every weekend since then.

SO
I called the taxi company on Thursday to assure I would have a car to pick me up at home and take us to the train at 2:30 pm on Friday. our train was schedule to depart at 2:48 so I thought 18 minutes will be enough time to get there; I was told to call at 1:30 to confirm the time.

I called TWO hours before the time, and I was told that I was going to get a call 5 minutes before 2:30 to let me know the car was on the way. At 2:35 I called back and I was told they will call me when a car was available, and the nasty dispatcher got the courage to argue with me that my train will leave at 3:12 pm and not at 2:48 that I had time. . . Long Story short I missed the train. . . .

With no one to call on such a short time

We decided to figured out the buses, yes I said "figure out". I searched the Internet for the times and routes, then the maps to see what bus was the closest to our house, we found out that #12 goes right by us and will take us to the green; from there we'll have to walk few blocks to the train station, no biggie. . . . . . But I wasn't sure about the fairs and how good on time they are. . .

SO

little old me call the transit authority, and the nice lady answer all my Duffy questions, including if the bus takes cash or I needed some sort of pass. . . So off we went bags on our backs and car seat on hand (we were coming back on Walt's car so we needed the car seat) and snacks on hand, for the long trip, we started to walk to the bus stop, getting there was easy we just had a little problem. . . where is the bus stop? . . . Steven's friend was outside and it was nice of her to tell us where to stand to wait for the bus. . . . . . . . . so off we went. . .
When the bus got there we asked if it was going to the green, (just to make sure), got on the bus and off to the train station to get on the next train 2 hours after missing our previous train.


Finally we made it to Fordham Road in the Bronx at 7:20 pm hungry and exhausted for the hard long trip which Samantha enjoyed to the fullness, we went to get some Spanish food and headed to grandma's house to eat.

The end.

Moral of the story: don't call the taxi cabs on Waterbury they will let you die before they arrive, because that's the only company in town, it's a monopoly, and they don't even have good service.

3 comments:

Christy said...

And I bet you had to pay for the cab that brought you to the train too late, didn't you? Glad you made it okay!

Maureen serrano said...

Well I didn't use the cab so I didn't have to pay, but I'm happy that Samantha enjoyed the trip as well as Steven

Anonymous said...

What about the exercise you and your kids got that day!! Always think on the bright side

Scripture of the Day

"Bring ye all the tithes
into the storehouse, that
there may be meat in mine house,
and prove me now herewith,
saith the Lord of hosts;
if I will not open you the
windows of heaven, and pour
you out a blessing, that
there shall not be room enough
to receive it

-Malachi 3:10-
Country Wisdom

"Friendship is
a plant
which must
often be
watered."

-German Proverb-

Weird things my Family Says

Walt to Maureen, the day of the Talk: Try to say Polo- Ponies not paloponees people will understand you...
Maureen: When do I say that? before or after the talk?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steven: Why do I have to do laundry. Just buy me more clothes...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha: I'm six (not really) I can go out by myself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steven: "Mom!! Samantha is not sharing her milk"
Samantha: "NOoo! I have GOODIES, I'm coughing"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha, the day we didn't know where Oddie was: " Mami!! Oddie TESTAPIER"...
Mom giggling: "don't worry we'll find him"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha to mom the day she had her teeth checked at school:
"The doctor said I don't have cabinets in my teeth"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha to Steven the day he came from school and rang the doorbell as he opened the door with his key:
"Why you ding the dong?"

Google Search