Monday, May 12, 2008

Having the Priesthood at Home

I am so happy, yesterday Steven received his Priesthood, it was given to him by Bishop Marble, it was so special, and still is for me, since he will be the only Priesthood holder in my home (for now) The only think I can say is: "I have the priesthood in my home"
I hope he knows what this means, I'm sure he does; just today he gave the morning prayer, he hardly does that, but today he did. I'm not sure what to expect from having such a blessing in the home, so I'm just going with the flow... Today he feels a little sick, too much cake for his birthday, which also was yesterday, what a special b-day to receive such blessing on a memorable day.
Let me show you a little about my little Priesthood holder:

The Priesthood Holder's Room

"The Priesthood Holder"

2 comments:

Christy said...

I know exactly how you feel. It really hit home with me during the Solemn Assembly when we sustained our new president - my son stood up before me as a priesthood holder. They won't always live up to the calling, but after all, they have a lot of learning to do! I am so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Somehow holding the priesthood and neatness do not always go together. Congratulations Steven!

Scripture of the Day

"Bring ye all the tithes
into the storehouse, that
there may be meat in mine house,
and prove me now herewith,
saith the Lord of hosts;
if I will not open you the
windows of heaven, and pour
you out a blessing, that
there shall not be room enough
to receive it

-Malachi 3:10-
Country Wisdom

"Friendship is
a plant
which must
often be
watered."

-German Proverb-

Weird things my Family Says

Walt to Maureen, the day of the Talk: Try to say Polo- Ponies not paloponees people will understand you...
Maureen: When do I say that? before or after the talk?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steven: Why do I have to do laundry. Just buy me more clothes...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha: I'm six (not really) I can go out by myself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steven: "Mom!! Samantha is not sharing her milk"
Samantha: "NOoo! I have GOODIES, I'm coughing"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha, the day we didn't know where Oddie was: " Mami!! Oddie TESTAPIER"...
Mom giggling: "don't worry we'll find him"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha to mom the day she had her teeth checked at school:
"The doctor said I don't have cabinets in my teeth"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha to Steven the day he came from school and rang the doorbell as he opened the door with his key:
"Why you ding the dong?"

Google Search